Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thank You For Being A Friend

Because sometimes, folks should be told when they are appreciated :)
For Beth, our "Melting Mama" - who is a friend to many, even though she doesn't have to be. A genuine caring spirit overflowing with laughter, cheer, reality and compassion... I posted this comment on her blog (http://www.meltingmama.net), but felt like I should share this message on my blog as well - because it is the story of a kind hearted person who cares about her community and is a true friend.




Beth,

When I think of my adventures after Weight Loss Surgery - getting to know you is one of the bright spots. 3 months after my surgery, my one support in this world - my one constant, bright, brilliant go-to for everything, my mother, passed away unexpectedly. I felt so sad that I would not share the successes and joys of this journey with her. I was without my buddy that I had started this road with.

But, I found strength in reading your blog, getting to know others in the WLS community and reading about their struggles and triumphs as well. Your blog helped me find out more about the weight loss surgery community and support groups that were out there. I came to know many special friends that I met online and, lucky me, in person as well. I am proud to say that you have been a big part of my WLS experience - whether conscious or unconsciously. You have provided advice, humor, humanity and friendship that I treasure and appreciate.

Know this - no matter what, you have a friend in a lil' georgia gal who you were kind and helpful to even when you didn't have to be. I'm proud to call you friend. Whether we have weight loss surgery in common or not, you are one of those people in life who I CHOOSE to hold in my heart as a dear friend.

So, forget popular opinion - its crap. It was crap before we had weight loss surgery. You are a great mother (with some really cute children) and a wife to a guy who obviously thinks you hung the moon (and is pretty darn cute himself). You are a friend (a TRUE friend) to many. You have helped people without expectation of compensation or exhaultation. You are a kind-spirited, fun, sharing and compassionate person who deserves respect and to be treated with common human decency. I applaud you, Beth, our "Melting Mama" - as do many others in our community!

-Em (a.k.a. The Graphicschick)

No comments:

Post a Comment